We held a two-day bead-making and painting workshop for about 75 young people at Kiyita Family Alliance (KIFAD) in Nansana August 23-24. James Nsamba, Farouk Mukwaya and Peter Kalyongo were the teachers. The colorful beads are made from narrow strips cut from pages of discarded magazines. The strips are rolled up, then glued and varnished. Glue can be made from banana skins. The kids also created a large acrylic-on-canvas painting.
Kisa Foundation USA
- Rotary grant fuels Art Center expansion
- Music from National Teachers' College, Mubende
- Namungoona Children's Art Center is on TV
- Mark Koire Comes Back to Teach At Art Center Where He Learned as a Child
- New Workshops Held at Namungoona Art Center
- Ugandan Artist Invited to U.S.
- In Memoriam: Kizito Fred Kakinda
- Kisa Primary School starts tailoring project
- Now there's clean water in Nansana Neighborhood
- Diego's family struggles against enormous odds
- So, how does one make charcoal? No, really!
- Kisa Old Boy Donates Sewing Machines
- A Primer on Luganda
- Donations spur construction and repairs to Kisa School