We held a two-day bead-making and painting workshop for about 75 young people at Kiyita Family Alliance (KIFAD) in Nansana August 23-24. James Nsamba, Farouk Mukwaya and Peter Kalyongo were the teachers. The colorful beads are made from narrow strips cut from pages of discarded magazines. The strips are rolled up, then glued and varnished. Glue can be made from banana skins. The kids also created a large acrylic-on-canvas painting.
Kisa Foundation USA
- Diego's family struggles against enormous odds
- So, how does one make charcoal? No, really!
- Kisa Primary Holds Old Student Celebration
- Kisa Old Boy Donates Sewing Machines
- A Primer on Luganda
- Donations spur construction and repairs to Kisa School
- Christmas at Kisa Primary School
- Kisa Primary School Fund Drive
- Children's Art Exhibition at Georgetown University
- New: Shop Amazon and help support Ugandart FREE
- Peter Kibanyi's project connects prisoners and art
- KIFAD Workshop
- Ugandan Art Sells in DC