Kisa Foundation USA
Music from National Teachers' College, Mubende
Kisa Foundation helped to sponsor a student musical performance of "Kasolo Muje” at National Teachers' College Mubende, Uganda in March. "Kasolo Muje” is a squirrel and the music celebrates how cunning and active this animal is. The performers were teacher trainees working on their diplomas in education. The grant was used to bring some of the musicians from Kampala to Mubende to perform in the show. The audience included students from Mubende as well as faculty and students from other colleges. Prof. Moreen Kibuuka organized the performance and arranged the music which was a combination of Western popular music combined with Kiganda folk music.
- Rotary grant fuels Art Center expansion
- Music from National Teachers' College, Mubende
- Namungoona Children's Art Center is on TV
- Mark Koire Comes Back to Teach At Art Center Where He Learned as a Child
- New Workshops Held at Namungoona Art Center
- Ugandan Artist Invited to U.S.
- In Memoriam: Kizito Fred Kakinda
- Kisa Primary School starts tailoring project
- Now there's clean water in Nansana Neighborhood
- Diego's family struggles against enormous odds
- So, how does one make charcoal? No, really!
- Kisa Old Boy Donates Sewing Machines
- A Primer on Luganda
- Donations spur construction and repairs to Kisa School